Saturday, March 13, 2010

Home exterior paint colors advice?

Prob. won't get to it til next season at this point, but I'm trying to decide what colors to paint my front door, trim, foundation (below where siding leaves off) and steps, windows, and shutters (which I don't have yet). The house has vinyl siding that is light grey/blue. That can't change, at least for now. The roof is black. The house is a typical modest 1950 rambler, 880 SF. I can't find a pic of the whole thing at this moment, so that info should help you. Here's a pic showing the basic colors that are there now: http://sprig5.livejournal.com/85750.html





I want something tasteful, but colorful, happy. Ideally I would have liked the siding to be a warm but muted yellow, or beige bordering on peach, I guess. I don't want such light colors for the trim with grey siding though. Thoughts?Home exterior paint colors advice?
I would use Sherwin Williams colors ';sundance'; and ';sole.'; Both are shades of yellow, one slightly lighter than the other. I would use sole on the door %26amp; shutters %26amp; skirting, and sundance on the trim %26amp; window frames, %26amp; gutters. It would really brighten up the house a lot, I think.


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>Home exterior paint colors advice?
If you are just wanting to paint the trim and door for now then I would paint the trim white and paint the front door either a navy blue or a brick red.
With the colours of your siding and looking at the pics, have you thought about the possibility of a blue/lavender colour, with white trims? With a couple of pots of bright red flowers, the contrast looks fantastic and always brings to mind a bright sunny day?





It's quite a tradtional, mediterranean style look, but with red, white and blue, it couldn't be more patritoic and really bright and cheerful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment