Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm remodeling my piano studio. What paint colors/techniques should I consider using?

I teach all ages - I need for all of my students to feel welcome, without the colors driving me insane(er) - I'm in this room for 6 to 11 hours every day!I'm remodeling my piano studio. What paint colors/techniques should I consider using?
If you are in this room for 6-11 hours a day, then you will want to room to be decorated in a way that makes YOU feel welcome and comfortable. Another perk in decorating the room for YOU is that the clients will get to kmow YOU and feel comfortable with YOU faster.





As far as welcoming colors, YELLOW is the ultimate welcoming color. Just pick a shade of yellow that you love. You have several hundred choicces from lemon, to butter, to gold. There are even off whites with just a touch of yellow if you prefer nuetral colors. In the end, this is your room, so add coordinating fabrics that make YOU happy. Layer the room with lots of pillows, drapes and musical art for a cozy feel.





Another thing you can do to make your clients feel welcome is to burn cookie and pie scented candles. This could backfire, though and make everyone hungry, so you might also want to keep some healthy snacks on hand.I'm remodeling my piano studio. What paint colors/techniques should I consider using?
oooohhh i love taupe





use taupe :) calm, subtle, and yet unique
Black and white.
Paint it a soft neutral color of your choice. Whichever one makes you feel more at ease.


Don't concentrate on the children, the room or the amount of time you are there. While you are there, feel the music. Let music be the most important thing in the world to you. Music is life.
Soft colours like light pink are calming and welcoming. Bring in plants to place near windows and use some sheer curtains to allow in light but prevent glare.
oooh when i think of a piano... i think of beautiful deep rich reds, and golds, and creams. i think that would be gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment