Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am looking for a paint color for my daughter's room. The colors for her comforter and pillows are....?

lime green, orange, yellow, turquoise, hot pink. Any suggestions????I am looking for a paint color for my daughter's room. The colors for her comforter and pillows are....?
http://girlsthemebedrooms.com/retro/flow鈥?/a>





http://teensthemes.comI am looking for a paint color for my daughter's room. The colors for her comforter and pillows are....?
how bout match it with soft purple.. i think its a great combination.. as it looks and gives energy and fun with a soft touch..
When I was younger I had a very multi-colored room... so my parents painted my wall a bright yellow (not a mustard, more of a sunshine)... then they let me finger paint the other colors around the edges of the wall (kind of like a border)... I absolutely loved it... it was a nice way to incorporate the different colors... I'm not sure how young your daughter is, but I think I was about 8 or 9... it was a good way to get me involved and it turned out looking great!
well you could paint it yellow with green, orange, turquoise, and pink polka dots- or just paint it yellow.....- hope this helps
Check out these tools I usually use online...I'm sure you'll be able to find one to help you choose the right color or color combination for your daughter's room





kuler.adobe.com


colorblender.com





Then use the information (RGB number/value) with this next site to match the color on the screen to real color paint lines.





easyrgb.com





Each of these sites shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to learn.





Another program I use alot in giving color advice to clients is a free program called CBN Selector. With this amazing program, you use a digital photo of your daughter's room as it currently is, and then use the program to color the walls (or furniture, or anything else)....Amazing results! It takes about 15-20 minutes to learn once you've ever even dabbled with the Paint program on your computer. Super realistic.





Learn more here: http://www.cbnsystem.com/software/select鈥?/a>





Hope that helps.
I would paint stripes on the walls of all the colors you listed
I would go with purple.. it goes great with all of those colours. Similarly turquoise would be great too.
MINT GREEN
find something that is the color you like. whatever you find , you can take it to Home Depot or any paint store and they will ';computer match '; the color. Keep in mind that colors can effect moods and behavior. So , since it's for a child, be sure to stick with more mellow , happy tones. search the net for ';colors for moods'; and you'll get some good suggestions
Sounds like my daughter's comforter! We did the walls in


yellow for a brighter look, and other accessories are mostly turquoise--lamp, pillows on bed, etc.
i would go with lime green and pink or any other 2 colors, but i dont think its a good idea to put all of those colors on the wall.. that would be too much.. but then again.. it all depends on ur taste!
Color the walls turquoise with a bold lime green line going around the room halfway up from the the floor and put two smaller lines above and below it like so...





--------------------------------------鈥?br>







--------------------------------------鈥?skinny green


=======================thick green


--------------------------------------鈥?green








--------------------------------------鈥?br>




use the remaining colors (orange, yellow and hot pink) to make random sized dots all around the walls in random places!!!
something light, like white, beige, grey, off white to compliment all those colors
I used wall magic on my daughter's room. She has two walls with wall magic(colors are a maroonish color and an orange so it looks like a sunset) and one wall is the orange and the other is the maroon.
When you're using a lot of bright colors, think of the wall as a backdrop to display them on. I would choose the yellow because it is the easiest to look at for the longest amount of time. The more intense colors, especially the hot pink, will tend to get a little nerve racking. Use the other colors as accents in posters, window treatments, lamps, etc. (great websites, chipcheap)
I would paint three walls ';electric lime'; by Sherwin Williams, and then paint the wall behind her bed ';energetic orange.'; Paint the inside of the closet either ';ice plant,'; and any trim ';nifty turquoise.'; I think it will look funky!


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment