Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How can I learn to mix oil paint colors well?

Also acrillic ^-^How can I learn to mix oil paint colors well?
Practice, Practice, Practice. I would go to your library and search for some basic books on color combining. You can also search online at amazon or just do a google/yahoo search for color combinations. There is plenty of free information out there that I would utilize before buying any books.


Enjoy!How can I learn to mix oil paint colors well?
go back to nature. Collect leaves, flowers, stones, sand... etc... go back to your studio and try to combine colours until you can match your samples. previously, cut strips of cardboard of about 10x 3 cms. once you have the colour, write down the combination (ex. 1 part cad red, 2 parts naples yellow, 1 part sap green) and you paint part of the strip with it, so you have a visual aid. (not all colours work the same way, it depends on the brand, but you will have quite a good clue.)
The best way is to connect with a FREE Group in art that is honest, creative and very very busy helping each other!!


Below is one of them!





I recommend you get with some GOOD people!!
Some of you may be sick of my answers, but check out the library. I can't think of a better way to practise than to have a book open in front of me. Try #751.45
a color wheel is helpful to give you advice . actually you should learn it . %26amp; i also agree with lots of practice . tp. mullin popclt.com
practice
  • mascara
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment