Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Need help with paint colors?

I have a pretty big L shaped dining/living area. We just recently painted the dining area a yellow golden beige color and installed crown molding throughout the house (white), the dining room color came out nice. The living room has a fire place and we were hoping to accent that wall so use two color in that room. Does anyone have suggestions colors that would look good with yellow beige! thank youNeed help with paint colors?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





I suggest painting your accent wall a deep orange like ';baked clay'; (# 6340), and then ';baize green'; (# 6429) for the other walls. It might sound like a lot of color going on, but I swear this would look stunning. Check it out.Need help with paint colors?
I take it you don't have any stone work around the fireplace. If you do take the color that will compliment it. Otherwise I'd go a yellow/gold maybe something deeper than the dining room. Keeping colors in the same family make things flow. Espresso is also the new neutral. Good luck!
I think a darker shade of what you have in your dining room would look good. How about a medium brown, such as ';tea chest'; from Sherwin William's. I was looking at their site after I read you question and that is what I would suggest. I'd definitely stay neutral, and in the same family. Good luck!
That depends on the style of your furniture, and other colors that are used in accessories .... A deep camel would be nice, or, if you're the adventurous type, even a burnt orange or rust ... Just keep it a ';warm'; color with yellow undertones
Since I'm not 100% sure on exactly what yellow golden beige looks like, by what it seems like to me, how about either a mocha brown or even a sagey green?
A darker variation of the yellow/gold colour around the fireplace with a pale yellow on the other walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment