Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Paint colors for bedroom?

I'd like to do a oak wood trim with half wall one color and half another color. Which colors are good together and does the lighter color go on top or on bottom? I love all colors - any ideas would be great.Paint colors for bedroom?
I would stick with a warm color since oak is a warm-toned wood. Lighter color on top (otherwise it makes the ceiling appear to be ';sinking'; into the room and give you a closed-in cave feeling).





I would also stay with two colors on the same paint chip - light and dark shades of the same tone.





The smaller the room, the lighter or more neutral tone you should pick. With a large room you can go a little bolder....go all out and pick anything you like. It's just paint and paint is cheap, so if you don't like it, you just cover it up.Paint colors for bedroom?
Go to Sherwin Williams and pick up a paint pallet. They give you this thing that has a color sample of every color imaginable. Pick two colors from the same card for a sublte shade difference or two colors from different cards for a stark contrasting difference. Personally my bedroom is done in two shades of green as well as my dining room in two more shades of another green. My office is done in red and yellow. My dining room has a chair rail so I have the darker color on the bottom. You could do it the opposite way but I tend to think that would make the room feel a bit smaller. My other rooms I have three walls in one color and the 4th wall as a different color. You can also go on Sherwin Williams website or Behr paints website and they have programs where you can paint walls in a room. It's really fun! I created one room in Red, Beige and Black to have an Asian theme. Loved it, but was afraid to use red in my house (very hard color to match). Have fun!!!
wait.. before u choose a color of ur own.. just hold on.. check if it matches the direction as per FENG SHUI.. trust me.. if u but wrong colors in wrong sides it will affect ur relationship, ur work, ur peace at home too...


fengshuihelp.com


homeinteriordecor.org
I would go with a bold color on the bottom and a very light neutral color on top.


Also, at Menards in the paint section they have a display with small jars of color. Don't know who came up with this idea but I think it's fabulous. Before you commit to any colors you can buy a couple of these sample jars and test. I think their only a couple dollars each. Good luck.
Try a light creme and then try a dark creme.
Sounds great! I definately think the darker should go on the bottom and lighter on top. The colors depend on your favorite, do you prefer pastels or darker shades or primary colors? If you like the darker shades, I'd do a tan or brown on the bottom and a pale yellow or sage on the top. You could also go two shades of the same color. Like an off white on the bottom and a brighter white on top. Best of luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment