Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What colors to paint my room and how?

I want to paint my room Pink but since i painted over the pink that was on my walls recently(2 years ago) i painted it a mocha color which was a HUGE mistake i have red furniture but can buy new furniture (its old) i decided to paint my room a lighter shade of green close to lime green with other colors that i dont know what they are or how to paint them on my walls %26amp; get pink furniture. My room is small so i need colors that will not make it look smaller than it is!





CAN U HELP???What colors to paint my room and how?
What if you balanced it by going with lighter colors, like aquamarine, pear green and a powdery pink? There was a great painter named Piet Mondrian who did collages of colored blocks and you could do a larger version of his color blocks in your room to tone it down and yet make it fun and lively. Put a band of white about 1'; thick around all the different colors and make it look like a nice piece of finished artwork. Or you could go really Mondrian and paint the walls white with a black 1'; strip framing random blocks of nice soft colors.





Here's a link to some of his work so you can see how cool you can get with it:





http://www.art.com/asp/display_artist.as鈥?/a>What colors to paint my room and how?
Just make sure you prime your wall%26gt; i suggest getting sample colours before you commit to something. I would also get the furniture first them work around it with the paint. Paint is much more inexpensive.
Go to http://www.behr.com/behrx/workbook/ and experiment with different color combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment