Saturday, March 13, 2010

What wall paint colors affect moods?

I have been looking for info relating to what colors to paint an office...I have been unable to find backup to studies I have heard (Red is not good, Yellow is soothing, etc.)


Any direction or advice would be appreciated....


ThanksWhat wall paint colors affect moods?
red makes you hungry


red and yellow make you hurry (ex. mcdonalds)


blue calms


green makes you less hungry


black is sexy


white is clean and simple





Red, orange and yellow are warm colors and make spaces feel more cosy. While blue, purple and green are cool colors and can make a room feel cold. For an office, depending on your tastes, I would use a grayish blue. Something in the earth tones (they have gray in them and look earthy). Its a good choice for an office because office means work and work is stressful. If you go to behr.com (paint website) you can find ';shale gray';. If that is too dark try ';cool sky';. If you hate blue, I would still try to use a cool color or atleast something in the earthtones.What wall paint colors affect moods?
I have mauve-rose in my bedroom, and it is very relaxing.





I have a butternut squash yellow in my living room, and it is beginning to get on my nerves.





My son's blue bedroom is boring to me.





BUT...My dining room is white with a hint of green, and everybody loves it there-even when it isn't meal time!
My counsiler in high school recommended for me not to paint my room yellow because studies had shown that yellow makes people more depressed than other colors. My friend painted her dining room a dark red...it's really comfortable and soothing to eat at her home. Something about the red is really warm and cozy.
blue seems to have a calming effect on me guess it is really a personal opinion though.





try this web address at about.com





http://psychology.about.com/od/sensation鈥?/a>
baby blue is sooooothing

No comments:

Post a Comment