Thursday, March 4, 2010

What are the new inside paint colors?

I just got a new laminate floor and want to redo the look of my kitchen, dining room. The appliances are white and there is a neutral light cream carpet in the living room. Thanks in advance.What are the new inside paint colors?
my sister in law is in real estate and has the opportunity to see alot of new condos etc going on the market. she said the new colors she's seeing on the walls are the taupes. Go to your paint store or to home depot and check out the swatches... maybe even buy a few small samples and paint a portion of the wall to see if you like the color. With the color scheme you just described, i think a taupe would be an excellent choice. i don't know how large the space is that youre describing, but try to remember that darker colors don't necessarily make things look smaller. darker colors can make things look very dramatic, especially if you do just one wall. good luck! i'd love to live closer so i could help you :)What are the new inside paint colors?
I agree with the first answer ... taupe is very ';of the moment';.





It would help to know the color of your kitchen cabinets and countertops, as well as whether your new floor is light or dark. You need to consider all those elements too.





Back to the taupe (also sometimes called ';greige';) ... it's neutral and very easy to live with and accessorize, but visually it's punchier, weightier, and more interesting to look at than blah, boring beige. It can tend toward warm or cool, like grey ... but it's not as ... institutional?





You can easily choose a bright or deep color to use as an accent in small amounts with taupe ... it's a color that ';gets along'; well with other colors. I like it with browns, black, and other greys (as a quiet, but interesting, somewhat monochromatic color-scheme) and with various tones of blue and tan.
I agree with Sombra... I have the same creamy carpet in my living room and just painted a taupe color on my walls (WOW.. I didn't even know it was trendy right now! I just liked it,) and paired it with darker browns and hues of blue and it looks beautiful. I also like it because anytime I want, I can easily change the look of my living room by changing my throw pillows and other Accessories. Go with it. The color I picked is called Distant Tan by Behr. I also have a few walls that are called Toasted Cashew by Behr... a color that is a shade lighter.
it would help if you told us the color of the laminate as well





well, since you have generally a light color scheme going on so far with your appliances and floors, i would suggest a bright and airy color, or a warm neutral. really anything could go, but in my opinion i think that a sky blue or a tan color would look really good. it depends on your furniture.





neutrals, such as taupe, look really good and they are good for if you ever want to sell your house, but i think bright colors are a lot more fun and show a lot more personality! yes, neutral is ';in'; but dont be afraid of color... its beautiful!
try eco paints, check this out.


http://www.helium.com/items/1263142-colo鈥?/a>
Creme colours, linen colour, greys and charcoal, tan , blues and browns are in!
use neutral earth tones
  • applying eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment