Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Anyone have suggestions for paint colors for my bathroom. I have a clean white slate and i want it to be?

relaxing and feel like a spa.I plan on having candles in there and all that good stuff im really excited but cant decide on color. I am open to try anything and suggestions would be appreciated including color on the shower curtain and also towels. ThanksAnyone have suggestions for paint colors for my bathroom. I have a clean white slate and i want it to be?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think ';Classic French Gray'; (# 0077) would be very tranquil %26amp; serene. The lighter gray or rose colored towels %26amp; shower curtain would be lovely.Anyone have suggestions for paint colors for my bathroom. I have a clean white slate and i want it to be?
I would suggest you paint the walls a light color, such as ';Retiring Blue'; or ';Timid Blue'; from Sherwin William's. Fluffy white towels and white bath mats would look very spa like. You will also need a waste basket, toothbrush holder and soap dispenser. I can picture those items being white and swirly like marble. Your shower curtain should be very simple and elegant. Possibly white with a bit of tan in it. A picture or two for your walls and a curtain if you have a window, could also be used to finish off this relaxing retreat. All you'll need to add is the bubble bath and your set! Here's the web site for the colors I recommended:





http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/
Try warm earth tones if you want relaxing and soothing spa. You'll be surprised when you go to the paint store how many browns, beiges and tans there are, even muted green color like olive or moss. You can spice it up with a splash of contrasting color either by bathroom accessories or linens. Anything bright and bold will take away from your relaxing spa idea. Go to any piant store/home depot/lowes and grab an array of color swatches.
I'd suggest you go find a shower curtain you like and then match one of the colors for the walls and another color for the towels. A simple stripe pattern on the curtain would lend to the spa feel. Or go with a solid curtain in white and do any soft color on the wall...blue, green, violet, etc.
If you want a relaxing Zen type of feel to your bathroom, I would say go with a Creme/dark yellowish wall.. Or a Light green, or Blue.. Any of these colors are relaxing, think about going to a spa you always see Earth tones, so I would go with those.. Real earthy, nature kind of things..
Sage green, rich cream, chocolate brown.


Taupe, cream, black.


White, cream, taupe.


Black, taupe, sage green.


Sage green, taupe, fushia.

No comments:

Post a Comment