Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paint colors???

I have a basement that is quite long and narrow with a stairway that is cut out(triangle shape on stairway wall) I have the colors I want. In the green range, Benjamin moore 2030-60 Light 2030-50 Medium, 2030-70 very light almost white.


Should the main walls be a darker color, the stair wall the medium and the stair well the lightest? Not a very well lit basement, as most.Paint colors???
stairway the lightest ...stair wall ..dark and what i presume are the long walls ...medium....i am a new construction painting and drywall contractor and do a lot of basements and without seeing it myself that is how i would goPaint colors???
They can be a darker color. But I think a medium color, would be best.
yes ,paint in the order that you just said , you need the stair well to be the lightest color since that is your darkest area.
I think you should go light with the larger area, to bring in more light. The dark color will make it look smaller. you can always do an accent wall across the room to match the stairway wall. This way it will bring the room more together and still be bright.
  • applying eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment