Thursday, March 4, 2010

What paint colors flow well with a deep red carpet?

Painting my living room which is white, I have a deep red carpet that I cant change at the moment. The walls are dull, I want to liven up the room but stuck with this red carpet.What paint colors flow well with a deep red carpet?
I would go with a very nuetral green, since green and red are complimentary colors, but if you dont like that, try this link. http://www.glidden.com/visualizer/buildu鈥?/a> It will allow you to customize a room and see what colors look like before you try them. If you click on the living rooms, it will let you color the carpet walls and furniture.What paint colors flow well with a deep red carpet?
I think a yellow will do you just fine. But make sure there is no green in the yellow. It needs to be warm not cool.
pastel colors do well. So do beige colors ;)
Black always looks with red. Also, splash orange to bring color. Bright colors!
Can you take a small piece of carpet with you to the paint store? It may make it easier to find a colour you like to flow with it. Depends on what kind of look you want in your room and how dark you want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment