Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where can I get dyes to make my own paint colors?

Does anyone know where I can get the dyes used in making different paint colors? My dad used to be a painter and he had these tube like jars that had different colors which he added to white paint to make his own custom colors. I would like to be able to create my own colors.Where can I get dyes to make my own paint colors?
I am a 37 year experienced painter , 52 years old, painting since 13 years old.. We used to be able to buy colorant kits that came in plastic crates similar to the 8 pack coca cola bottles...I use sherwin willimas..and they cant get them any more themselves..they will be happy to sell you thier quarts of colorants they use for thier machines..be prepared to pay 40.00 A quart...If you are using all acrylic/latex paints(all water based) the little .89 cent bottles of acrylic paints in the arts and crafts section will do fine for colorant..they sell pint bottles also.....If you are doing small scale stuff..the paint stores will give you thier empty colorant cans that still have a bout an ounce of colorant in each one....Call ur local stores and see..the .89 cent acrylics are available at wal marts..arts and craft stores etc...michaels have themWhere can I get dyes to make my own paint colors?
Any paint store will have them. Sherwin Williams, Glidden, Color Wheel, etc.
actually, they are called pigments. ask around at your local paint shop--or hobby shop depending on what kind of paint you are talking about
  • applying eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment