Sunday, March 7, 2010

What paint colors go with a cherry colored wood?

I am moving into an apartment, and some cherry wood bedroom furniture is being given to me for free...what paint colors would go with that? i am 22...will be living with my boyfriend...we like the calming colors....kind of...contemporary, traditional, comfy cozy...i know thats an odd description but just go with it lol...What paint colors go with a cherry colored wood?
Unlike some of the responses, I would stay away from any red-toned colors as it will compete with the cherry wood and the furniture will not stand out.





Butter yellow like someone recommended would look great, also consider deep tans, light celedon greens (like the color of celery) or yellow-golds.What paint colors go with a cherry colored wood?
I just finished a basement for a customer, and all of the wood was cherry or cherry stained oak. For paint colors, we went with white ceilings, light tan for most of the walls, and a burgundy accent wall. It really looked great. I'm thinking about going with a similar color scheme for my family room. Hope this helps.
i would give it a very dark maroon. it feels very comfortable and cozy everytime im in my aunt's bedroom. if your looking something a little more spontaneous you can try beige or brown.
i would go with a dark purple...i know you said light, but it looks the best with cherry wood. i have a cherry wood desk and wardrobe, and dark purple walls, and it looks great!!!
Buttery yellow looks great with cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment